CLC is looking for new volunteers to assist with customer-facing and administrative tasks in our office on either Wednesdays or Fridays from 9.15am - 4.00pm!
This is a great opportunity to develop your office admin and customer service skills or bring your own experience into a not-for-profit setting working within a friendly and supportive team!
Tasks can include customer support over the phone & face-to-face, assisting with enrolments and taking payments, general administration tasks and more outlined in the position description.
Social Groups & Events
We are seeking passionate volunteers who are interested in facilitating and planning for social groups, events and special projects held at the centre!
We are after 2-3 volunteers to share responsibilities in attending and running our currently monthly social group that combats social isolation and loneliness. Ideally with volunteer assistance we would like to have planned out activities, themed days, guest speakers and more to keep the group refreshing and welcoming to the community.
Are you interested in making a difference in your local community? Do you have a strong connection to Knox, either as a resident, worker, business owner or student?
We are looking for skilled, capable and committed people to join our Committee of Management!
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your innovative and professional skills to assist with the transformation of an established and dynamic not-for-profit organisation that has proven itself to make a different to people's live in the local community.
CLC Program Coordinator Position
including Key Selection Criteria to be addressed in applications.
Rowville Neighbourhood and Learning Centre (trading as Community Learning Centre - CLC) are seeking the services of a Program Coordinator for overseeing and maintaining all elements of Adult, Community and Further Education. This is done by:
- Effectively coordinating all programs offered by the House, incorporating planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting
- Supporting tutors/contractors in their role to ensure smooth and effective program delivery is maintained
- Exploring opportunities for new program offerings and innovation and ensuring continuous improvement processes are maintained
This is a permanent part-time position with a probationary period of six months and is 20 hours a week spread across four days.Employment is under the SCHADS (NHACE Agreement 2016 – 2018)
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Experience in Program Coordination
- Experience in all ACFE reporting requirements, Administration & General Duties
- Experience in maintaining and managing all required information in the VETtrak system in a timely manner.
- High standards of integrity and confidentiality and an ability to exercise sound judgment
- An ability to develop and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders including staff, volunteers, supporters and users of the House
- An ability to prioritise your own workload using time management skills, and
- High energy and a positive, can-do attitude.
Further information regarding the position can be obtained by emailing the Manager at the email address below.
Applications, including recent resume and relevant experience, should be forwarded to the Manager at the Community Learning Centre by midnight 08 September 2022 using the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications forwarded to this email address will be considered.
Trainers & Facilitators
At the Community Learning Centre, you can teach leisure activities or learning courses, and can work with our program coordinator to find days and times that will suit you and our learners.
We only offer fee-for-service and pre-accredited courses, so there are no tests, exams, and marking to do.
We have programs for children, teens and adults.
Interested in joining our community education team?
Fill out our Trainer Application Form here!
Have a passion but lacking teaching experience?
We have a course coming up that can put you on the path to employment opportunities with neighbourhood houses and other education & leisure program providers.
Bring any skills you have, from languages to dancing, to art to cooking to exercise, computers & technology, business, social media, marketing, bookkeeping, crafts and more!
Community Teaching -
Turn Your Hobbies/Skills into a Side Hustle!
18 Oct - 6 Dec
1.00pm - 4.00pm
Find out more here!